Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- +3 years experience as menswear fashion designer in the industry at luxury / streetwear labels.
- Skilled in Illustrator.
- Understand design and garment construction from a technical aspect.
- Understanding of fabrics and trims.
- Present ideas and concepts within design team, including creating mood boards & critical paths.
- Keep up to date with fashion trends within the market.
- Liase with sales, marketing, buying and production team.
- Plan and develop ranges.
- Highly creative & innovative, with commercial awareness and being business orientated.
- Able to commute / work in-studio full time.
- Work with design directors at briefing stage.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Work with models to try out fittings.
- Knowledge of the brands history & DNA.
- Understanding of the brands ethos, place in market and future plans.
- Garment technology skills including patterns, cutting, sewing.
- Resilient, reliable and good communicator.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Good time management.
- Ability to influence.
- Self Confidence.